The Denon DJ Prime 2 2-Deck Smart DJ Console Package includes the following:
- 1 x Denon DJ Prime 2 2-Deck Smart DJ Console
- 2 x M-Audio BX5D3 Powered Studio Reference Monitor
- 1 x Audio Technica ATH-M30X Professional Monitor Headphones
Denon DJ Prime 2 2-Deck Smart DJ Console
Essential Mobile DJ Workhorse
The Denon DJ Prime 2 2-Deck Smart DJ Console is designed and engineered for the professional mobile, club and event industry.
A standalone smart DJ console powered by Engine OS and is WiFi enabled for premier music streaming services with no need for a laptop computer. Embracing the future of DJ performance and technology, it features a 7-inch multi-touch, multi-gesture screen, extensive media source connectivity, 6-inch jog wheels with colour displays, plus expressive EQ, FX and creative workflow controls. PRIME 2 is your essential mobile DJ workhorse.
Touch and Feel Your Music
PRIME 2’s 7-inch touchscreen gives you a high-definition, multi-gesture experience, just like using a smartphone or tablet. Navigate your collection, finger-swipe to load tracks, instantly search through large music libraries and even rearrange your playlists and songs easily just on the screen itself. Change things up by flipping your waveform playback view from vertical to horizontal and also select and monitor a number of other essential DJ workflow features at the touch of a finger. Via the touchscreen you can also access PRIME 2’s ‘Track Preview’ feature, for pre-load auditioning of a song and ‘needle-drop’ searching through its timeline.
Access and play your digital music via the 3 x USB and 1 x SD inputs and even large terabyte music collections using PRIME 2’s built-in internal 2.5-inch HDD bay*. Want to record your DJ set for an important gig? No problem; PRIME 2 has you covered, able to record directly to any connected media source, even the one you’re playing from. Any changes to track hot-cues, loops and performance preferences are also saved to your source media drive for instant recall at a later gig.
Standalone Music Streaming – Anywhere
Using your mobile data or either a venue’s WiFi or wired internet connection, you can stream music from TIDAL with its catalogue of over 60+ million songs just using PRIME 2 and with no laptop needed. Never be caught out again for that elusive song request having literally the world’s music, exclusive playlists and curated content at your fingertips! More exciting streaming partners will be available soon.
Pristine Audio – Powerful Connectivity
PRIME 2 features Denon DJ’s renowned 24-bit/48kHz pristine audio quality and enough rear panel pro-connectivity to cover everything from a house party, a mobile gig, club or even mainstage event. Add PRIME 2’s StagelinQ connection into the mix and you’ll be ready for creating easy and dynamic lighting and video shows with SoundSwitch and Resolume control.
Craft Your Mix
PRIME 2 has all the creative, hands-on features and power you’d need for any style of DJing, including 2 (100mm) line faders, contour controlled crossfader and 6-inch capacitive touch jog-wheels with HD colour displays (showing song/DJ artwork plus loop/track status info). With expressive 3-band EQ, you can shape and blend your mix to sonic perfection then take the music into another dimension using PRIME 2’s dual-FX modules (visualised on the main 7-inch display) plus Filter control for added audio manipulation. With your media player, tablet or phone, add a third music source into your live show using PRIME 2’s dedicated RCA Auxiliary audio input.
Take Your Sounds Further
PRIME 2 will inspire even the most dextrous and creative energies inside your DJing mind. It brings 8, ultra-responsive trigger pads (per channel) for hot-cue juggling, loops, beat roll and slicing plus a class-leading timestretch and key shift/sync feature to radically change a songs tempo and musical key – ‘Open-Format’ DJing just got a whole lot more exciting, and easier!
Dual Microphone Power
Accept no sacrifice of your line faders, with PRIME 2’s two independent level controlled mic channels, both with XLR (¼-inch combo) inputs. Double-up with a DJ partner or bring that enthusiastic bride or party-animal into the show, using the handy talkover feature so you can get on with the serious business, of ‘fun’! PRIME 2 has both a mini and full size headphone jack input too, for those nights when you might…just might, forget your cable adapter!
Powered by ENGINE OS
PRIME 2 has Denon DJ’s ENGINE OS under the hood to take care of lightning fast operations during your DJ performance. With continuous firmware upgrades keeping you empowered with the newest, forward-thinking features, ENGINE OS will keep your music flowing expressively. ENGINE PRIME librarian software (Mac/PC) is your music library and set preparation tool which syncs your other music collections, including iTunes, Serato DJ, Traktor and Rekordbox™. Using just PRIME 2 (yes, you got it, no computer needed), you can also import a full Rekordbox™ collection direct from a media source, internally analysed (including playlists, hot cues and loops) within the unit itself.
- Fully-featured, 2-Deck standalone smart DJ console
- 7-inch HD touchscreen with gestures
- Built-in 2.5-inch SATA drive bay to store music onboard
- Built-in Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity for music streaming
- Capacitive-touch jog wheels with HD central display
- Internally analyse music files & Rekordbox™ collections direct from USB
- Standalone Track Preview
- Independent FX units, 3-Band EQ and Filter
- (8) Multi-function performance pads for triggered audio manipulation
- (2) Dedicated XLR (¼-inch combo) mic inputs with EQ/Level and Talkover
- RCA aux input for media players, tablets, phones
* (HDD sold separately).
M-Audio BX5D3 Powered Studio Reference Monitor
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor’s drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, BX5-D3’s 5-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted “cone breakup.” BX5- D3’s treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX5-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind – to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX5-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX5-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX5-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the BX5-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX5-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous “keyhole” shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX5-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately – each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX5-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
At M-Audio, we understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the BX5- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX5-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the BX5-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio’s BX5-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, BX5-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts (60 LF, 40 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 5” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1” natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Front panel LED shines brightly when speaker is positioned at ideal monitor angle
Audio Technica ATH-M30X Professional Monitor Headphones
The M-Series ATH-M30x professional monitor headphones combine modern engineering and high-quality materials to deliver a comfortable listening experience, with enhanced audio clarity and sound isolation. Tuned for highly detailed audio, with strong mid-range definition, these versatile monitoring headphones are ideal in a variety of situations. Designed primarily for studio tracking and mixing, they offer added features for increased portability, making them a great choice for field recording.
- Closed-back monitoring headphones dedicated to recording and mixing
- 40mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils
- Tuned for enhanced detail, with excellent mid-range definition
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation
- Ergonomic, comfortable and lightweight
- Ear and head pads made from professional-quality materials
- Convenient single-sided cable exit
Denon DJ Prime 2 2-Deck Smart DJ Console
Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz (±1dB)
Dynamic Range >112dB (A-weighted)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio> 92dB (A-weighted)
Headroom Aux >15dB
Channel Separation <-85dB (1kHz, unity)
THD Aux <0.01% (1kHz, unity)
Micophone <0.02% (1kHz, unity)
Analogue Input Aux
Analogue Output Master, Balanced
Headphone Output < 150mW @ 40Ω
Connections Audio Outputs
(2) XLR outputs (master left/right, balanced)
(1) RCA output pair (master left/right, unbalanced)
(2) XLR outputs (booth left/right, balanced)
(1) ¼” (6.35mm) stereo output (headphones)
(1) 1⁄8” (3.5mm) stereo output (headphones)
(1) RCA input pair (line-level, unbalanced)
(2) XLR+¼” (6.35mm) inputs
(3) USB ports (for USB drives. Port 3 with 5V, 1A)
(1) USB port (to computer)
(1) Ethernet port
(1) power adapter input
Power Connection: IEC
Voltage: 100–240VAC, 50/60Hz
34W (with smartphone charging from USB3 port)
32W (without smartphone charging)
(width x depth x height)
25.39” x 16.15” x 4.73”
644.8 x 410.1 x 120.2mm
M-Audio BX5D3 Powered Studio Reference Monitor
- Monitor Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitor
- Low Frequency Driver: 5” (127mm) kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil & damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- High Frequency Driver: 1” (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 52Hz – 35kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Low Frequency Amplifier Power: 65W
- High Frequency Amplifier Power: 55W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 105dB
- Input Sensitivity: 85mV pink noise input produces 96dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced
- Input Impedance:
- 10kOhm balanced
- 20kOhm unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward low frequency cone displacement
- RF interference
- Output current limiting
- Over temperature
- Turn On/Off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100 – 120V, 50/60Hz
- 220 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 100W
- 100 – 120V: T1.6AL 250V
- 220 – 240V: T1AL 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated High-Acoustic-Efficiency MDF
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 6.9” x 7.8” x 10” / 176mm x 197mm x 254mm
- Weight: 13.2lbs / 6kg
- Design: Closed-Back, Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 40mm
- Driver Magnet: Neodymium
- Driver Voice Coil: Copper-Clad Aluminium Wire
- Frequency Response: 15Hz – 22kHz
- Input Power: 1300mW @ 1kHz (Maximum)
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Impedance: 47 Ohms
- Cable: 3m (9.8′), Straight
- Weight: 220g