The SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface Music Producer Bundle contains:
- SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface
- 2 x M-Audio BX5D3 Powered Studio Reference Monitor
- 2 x Adam Hall Stands Pad Eco 1
- 2 x Balanced Jack to Male XLR 3m
SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface
INTRODUCING THE SSL 2+ USB AUDIO INTERFACE. THE ALL IN-ONE PROFESSIONAL STUDIO FOR MUSICAL COLLABORATORS AND MEDIA PRODUCTION TEAMS
Our consoles and production tools have been at the heart of countless hit recordings and award-winning sound tracks for the past 40 years. We know how to make audio sound amazing, and more importantly, we know how creative collaborators want to work together.
The SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface brings together the best of our technology with the right features and expanded I/O capability to get the most out of creating as a team.
Real analogue enhancement inspired by SSL 4000 series (4K) console
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of our classic EQ ‘242’ and ‘292’ EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, we’re always moving forward with analogue.
Legacy 4K is an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as ‘4K’). With the Legacy 4K button, we’ve distilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into ‘boring’ or ‘dull’ sounding input sources.
1st characteristic: High-Frequency EQ boost – The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a ‘forward’, yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
2nd characteristic: Subtle-Harmonic Distortion – 4K consoles are synonymous with imparting a certain ‘mojo’ to signals passing through them. This mojo comes through multiple stages of harmonic distortion from compressor VCAs, VCA Faders and other crucial areas like the transistor mix amps. Using modern components, we’ve created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet- sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path, helping to give your sound more edge!
- 2-In/4-Out USB-C Audio Interface
- 2 x SSL-designed microphone preamps
- Legacy 4K – analogue colour enhancement, inspired by classic SSL consoles
- 2 x Professional, high-current grade headphone outputs: create a second independent headphone mix
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA AKM Converters
- Easy-to-use Monitor Mix Control
- Balanced monitor outputs
- Additional unbalanced RCA outputs for easy connection to DJ Mixers
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack software bundle
- USB 2.0 bus-powered audio interface for Mac/PC
M-AUDIO BX5D3 POWERED STUDIO REFERENCE MONITOR
A monitor’s drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, M-AUDIO BX5D3 ’s 5-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted “cone breakup.” M-AUDIO BX5D3 ’s treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX5-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind – to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX5-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX5-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX5-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the BX5-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX5-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous “keyhole” shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX5-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately – each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX5-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
At M-Audio, we understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the BX5- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX5-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the BX5-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio’s BX5-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, BX5-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts (60 LF, 40 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 5” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1” natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Front panel LED shines brightly when speaker is positioned at ideal monitor angle
ADAM HALL STANDS PAD ECO 1
The Adam Hall Stands PAD ECO 1 is designed to isolate studio monitors acoustically, i.e., avoid disturbing resonances with the surface on which they stand, which results in a significantly improved sound. The two-component design results in three possible combinations (horizontal placement + two different angles.
M-Audio AIR Hub
- Inputs: 3 USB ports
- 3 ¼” (6.35mm) TRS
- 1 USB port
- Power: 5V, 3A, centre-positive
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 4.5” x 4.2” x 2.8” / 113mm x 107mm x 70mm
- Weight: 0.75 lbs. / 0.34kg
M-AUDIO BX5D3 Powered Studio Reference Monitor
- Monitor Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitor
- Low Frequency Driver: 5” (127mm) kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil & damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- High Frequency Driver: 1” (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 52Hz – 35kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Low Frequency Amplifier Power: 65W
- High Frequency Amplifier Power: 55W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 105dB
- Input Sensitivity: 85mV pink noise input produces 96dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced
- Input Impedance:
- 10kOhm balanced
- 20kOhm unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward low frequency cone displacement
- RF interference
- Output current limiting
- Over temperature
- Turn On/Off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- 100 – 120V, 50/60Hz
- 220 – 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 100W
- 100 – 120V: T1.6AL 250V
- 220 – 240V: T1AL 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated High-Acoustic-Efficiency MDF
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 6.9” x 7.8” x 10” / 176mm x 197mm x 254mm
- Weight: 13.2lbs / 6kg